E. S. Rose Park & Sports Complex
E. S. Rose Park & Sports Complex, named in honor of the late Nashville activist, is a state-of-the-art athletic facility. Located on the historic Edgehill Civil War battleground, the playing fields overlook
the skyline of downtown Nashville, Tennessee. In addition to being a NCAA Division I level training facility, this 24-acre community sports park includes baseball, softball and soccer/track field, a basketball court, and walking track.
For this high profile project, Stansell was the electrical contractor of choice. Stansell was part of a group that participated in careful coordination of the design and installation of the electrical systems, sports lighting systems, audio systems, and electrical life safety systems. It was imperative that all trades communicated and that work was completed accurately and on time for opening ceremonies.
The E. S. Rose Park & Sports Complex is a revolutionary shared facilities concept combining resources from Metro Parks & Recreation and Belmont University.
- Communication raceways connect all sports fields to the field house
- Audio system raceways connect the press box to speaker locations on each sports field
- Over 340kW of sports lighting for all playing fields including 18 large lighting structures
- Interior lighting systems for field house, baseball and softball field press boxes, dugouts and restrooms
- Lighting for 3 separate parking lots and ~4000 LF of walkway
- Concrete encased primary duct bank
- Transformer and secondary to the main distribution panel
- 1200A/480V/3Ø main panel
- Lighting contactor panels for sports lighting
- Sub panels for field house & other structures
Field and game photos courtesy Belmont University. Overhead aerial photo courtesy Aerial Innovations of Tennessee.