Data Comm Technician 2
We are looking for an individual with three to five years experience installing fiber optic cable, including the ability to terminate, test and splice fiber. Must have equivalent skills installing CAT5 and CAT6 cable; must be able to route, terminate, test, and build-out server rooms and data centers.
As a Level 2 Technician, the individual must be able to lead projects with 50 to 500 drops and have good communication skills, both verbally and in written form.
Assist and/or perform all aspects of installation, alteration, demolition, maintenance and/or repair of communication systems, cable projects, and associated equipment on all type of projects within the communication construction industry.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform the basic tasks of material handling, jobsite housekeeping, tool and equipment maintenance, and general labor.
2. Dig trenches and excavations by use of hand tools and power equipment.
3. Perform conduit and raceway installation including the bending of conduit with hand benders.
4. Perform basic assembly and installation of cable support and wire management systems.
5. Able to use, and instruct in the use of cable placement tools and specialized cable tuggers.
6. Perform all low voltage and fiber terminations.
7. Ability to successfully lead projects with up to 500 drops.
8. Demonstrate mastery of industry standard copper and fiber test equipment.
9. Read and understand schematics, blueprints, and instruction manuals.
10. Ability to clearly communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
11. Mastery of BICSI/TIA installation standards.
12. Create and modify as built drawings
13. Understanding of telecom demarc layout and able to perform basic cross connect, maintenance and troubleshooting.
14. Understanding of the NEC and all communications related code standards.
15. Assist in planning and layout of projects as part of the pre job planning process.
16. Understand and follow jobsite directions and instructions, both written and verbal.
17. Comprehends and abides by Stansell Electric customer policies, procedures, and safety guidelines. Reports all violations to immediate supervisor.
18. Perform other project related duties and assignments as instructed by supervision.
The preceding covers the primary duties and responsibilities of the position. It should not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties that may be required from day to day.
1. Must have a valid driver license.
2. High school graduate or G.E.D. acquired
3. Pass pre-employment drug screening and understand that we also conduct post-accident and random drug screenings.
4. Three to five years experience as described above.
1. Some vendor certifications would be helpful, but are not required.
Compensation is based on experience and skills.
* Health insurance with company subsidy for employee and immediate family.
* Dental insurance - company paid for employee; dependents may be added at employee's expense
* Life insurance - company paid
* Short Term Disability - company paid
* Long Term Disability - company paid
* 401k Plan with a generous company matching contribution
If you feel you possess the skills necessary to fulfill the requirements of this position, please submit your resume below.
An Equal Opportunity Employer / Minorities & females encouraged to apply.
TN Drug Free Workplace conducting pre-employment, post-accident and random drug screening